10 Ways To Create A Welcoming Reception Area
A reception area in its basic form could be a section of your work area that’s accustomed to greeting all the Visitors, Employees, and Business associates. Offering a waiting area for them until they’re met by the Hosts that they came to meet with. Visitor’s in one look of the reception itself usually instantly decide how trustworthy you are, if you’re skint and frequently even decide if you’re worth doing business with.
What Makes a Reception Area More Welcoming?
Your reception speaks a great deal about your business, and yes, that features how your business is – right from providing a friendly smile, to sprucing your area up with lush plants, to lighting up your space.
Here are ten ways to create a safe and hospitable reception area.
- Design Welcoming Office Reception Area
- Style Reception Area Around Your Company Brand
- Indoor Green Plants Make Visitors Feel Better
- Reception Area Wall Display Graphics and Decor
- Choosing The Right Office Lighting
- Choose The Right Furniture For Reception Area
- Play Soothing, Slow Music at a Low Volume
- Display Books and Magazines Related to Your Industry
- Serving Water, Tea, and Coffee to Keep Visitors Refreshed
- Install Fidentity Visitor Management System for Easy Check-in
1) Design Welcoming Office Reception Area
The sophistication and associated value of building a classy reception area, versus a basic one can rely mainly on what happens within the business. Everything counts, right from what your visitors shall see, smell, or hear. Your office lobby is the first form of communication when potential customers or prospective employees enter your office premises for the first time. Make sure that your reception area is ready to create a great first impression.
Also, It’s extremely important that there be a camera or 2 that will be geared towards each corner of your reception areas even with a receptionist in place. There are several effective, cheap camera solutions that provide DVR, or digital recording from cameras that are placed throughout the office, as well as within the reception area.
2) Style Reception Area Around Your Company Brand
Make sure that your own company’s colors and stigmatization reflect in your reception because from the instant your visitors arrive, they start to create their opinion concerning your business. Apply those colors to your walls that display your company’s story while not speaking a word.
3) Indoor Green Plants Make Visitors Feel Better
Adding plants creates a lot of natural attractiveness and shows that you have the ability to take care of things.
4) Reception Area Wall Display Graphics and Decor
One thing colorful and bright in a wonderful reception raises the ambiance. It also offers your visitors a topic of discussion in your reception that mirrors your company’s vogue and style. Certain pieces of art can even facilitate to convey your intelligence.
5) Choosing The Right Office Lighting
Light that illuminates the area while not being too bright is additionally necessary. This provides visitors the flexibility to scan work as required while they wait. It would be even better if you are able to select a space with several windows to usher in natural light into your reception area.
6) Choose The Right Furniture For Reception Area
All reception areas have many furnishings and parts in common:
- A desk/station with a comfortable yet ergonomically acceptable chair for the receptionist.
- Seating for visitors while they wait.
- A table to carry literature or magazines or to supply a surface for guests for his or her purses, their briefcases, or different personal belongings while they are waiting
Also, helps to select pieces of furniture with complementary hues and warm colors. Make sure to select sturdy furnishings that can last and not scuff simply.
7) Play Soothing, Slow Music at a Low Volume
Incorporate stress-reducing music in the background. Before you select the music to play in your reception, think about how totally different sounds and tempos can influence your visitors. Music that encompasses a slow beat could calm their minds and even ease up the tension in your customers’ muscles. A quicker beat could alert them. Either way, make sure to keep the volume low.
8) Display Books and Magazines Related to Your Industry
A bookshelf in your reception undoubtedly goes a long way especially if you are working on creating your waiting area to be friendly and welcoming. It is best if you set on show magazines and books that are associated with your company and industry.
9) Serving Water, Tea, and Coffee to Keep Visitors Refreshed
Keep a Tea and Coffee point available in your reception. Also, make sure that every Visitor is immediately served with water as they complete their basic Check-in.
10) Install Fidentity Visitor Management System for Easy Check-in
Fidentity Visitor Management System, seamlessly integrates with the apps that you use on a daily basis. Integrate Fidentity to Slack, Google Hangout, Active Directory, and more for a streamlined, multi-channel experience without compromising your privacy and security.
Fidentity is built with the flexibility of the cloud. Its fluid and responsive framework adapt to different environments. From smartphones, tablets, and desktops its adaptability allows for a flawless experience for any device. Fidentity features help format and automatically prints visitor e-badges that help you distinguish between employees, a welcome visitor, or an unwelcomed one.
Related Article: The Ultimate Guide To Visitor Management Systems
Make sure that nothing holds you back to use your ability to style a comfortable, accommodating reception. Be aware of what you’re dealing with and arrange your area in a way that intensifies the zone. Remember, your reception area is the best chance to create a good impression.
If the business that you have is a Franchise then it’s a decent plan to use what the franchisor is recommending as a guide for building their reception. One of the benefits of shopping for a franchise is the ability to harness the years of expertise that the franchisor has in making structures that will alter a business to succeed.